Friday, June 29, 2012

Off to Ireland

Yesterday we spent the day in Glasgow and then traveled to Belfast, Northern Ireland in the evening.  We're spending the weekend in Northern Ireland and Ireland.  Today was spent walking around the city, just soaking up the culture.  Tomorrow we are going to work our way towards Dublin and see what's there.  There's definitely a different feel here compared to Scotland.  But I plan on my next post to be on the differences between the two cultures (and yes, I will be applying at least one leadership model).  I'm hoping to gain some more insight from our travels tomorrow before I write that post, however.

Belfast, Northern Ireland


In other news, I'm almost halfway done my study abroad now.  It's going by so quickly! It has been an amazing experience.  I can't believe how much I've gotten to learn from the different people and cultures.  At the same time, though, there's still so much left to do.  We're traveling to Edinburgh next Thursday.  I still have a list of things to do; I want to climb to the top of the Wallace National Monument, go back to Stirling Castle, and just talk to locals a little more.  It's easy to become tired between the anxiety of a new country and just schoolwork in general, but I have to keep going strong to keep getting the most from this trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment