Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Almost Halfway Done

I'm almost halfway done my study abroad.  Already.  Time seriously flies by.  I'm starting to get the realization that I can't do everything I thought I could before I go, which is depressing.  But I've had some amazing experiences so I can't complain.  Like this past weekend I took a three day trip around the Highlands and the Isle of Skye.  It was unbelievably beautiful! Here's just a few photos to catch a glimpse:




I've started picking up small habits from living here, too.  They're just small things, like calling apartment flats, budgeting in pounds, and using military time.  That was something interesting that I didn't really know I would face.  Everyone here uses 24 hour time, like 2PM is 1400.  It's kind of a necessity though.  Since Scotland has such a high latitude there is almost twenty hours of daylight.  So sometimes 8PM can be just as bright as 8AM.  
I really do enjoy it in the United Kingdom.  I'm so excited; this Thursday some flatmates and I will be going to Northern Ireland and Ireland for the weekend.  I'm so glad I'll get to see other countries and cultures while I'm here.  And fingers crossed that we'll be back in time on Sunday to go watch the Euro Cup Final.  There's such an atmosphere during the games, it's really incredible.  Hopefully we'll make it back in time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment