Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Settling Back In

So... This is a weird feeling.  I'm back in the States and have been home for just a couple of days.  The jet lag isn't bad at all; I already feel over it.  However, I feel like my entire month in Scotland was a dream or like it was only a day long.  It kind of feels like I never left.  Yet I have so many experiences, new friends, and much more knowledge about the world and even myself from this trip.  I do miss Scotland, and in particular Stirling.  And I do want to go back.  Nay, I will go back.
I keep catching myself talking non-stop about Scotland.  I'm trying to limit that, it must be annoying to others.  I went to see Brave Sunday night; that was a nice way to re-enter the States.  It's been a slightly difficult transition, however.  I want to make meals that aren't available, talk to people who are now in different states than I, and go out to places that are now about 3,600 miles away.
But to help fix this, I plan on spending time reflecting on my trip.  Part of the way I will do this will be through filling picture frames and creating scrapbooks of my adventures.  I also have been keeping in touch with my closest friends from the trip on an almost daily basis.
Any time I start to feel sad that I'm back home, I just remember how much my journey has given to me.
 
Now, I'm stronger than I could have ever imagined myself being.

Flat 39

(Even though I'm back in the States, I plan on adding photos still to this blog.  I might be a little obsessed with my camera; I have so many photos to share!)

No comments:

Post a Comment